Pertemps Medical have a dedicated team who specialise in placing locum nurses – Pertemps Medical Professionals. They are committed to supporting all our Nurses and Midwives through the revalidation process.
The guidelines, provided by RCN (Royal College of Nursing) and the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council), are continually evolving. It is a requirement that all Nurses and Midwives are signed up to the NMC revalidation process and are practising safely and effectively.
The RCN have produced guidance on how to prepare for your revalidation:
- Sign up to NMC Online and check your revalidation date
- Give yourself time to learn the process
- Learn from others
- Keep a record of your practice hours
- Don't be afraid to ask for feedback
- Think about your CPD
- Regularly update your portfolio
- Identify your reflective discussion partner and your confirmer
- Seek out support
- Speak to colleagues
Click here to find out more.
There’s no easy route to Nursing revalidation, it requires:
- 450 practice hours or 900 if re-validating as both a Nurse and a Midwife
- 35 hours CPD including 20 hours participatory learning
- Five pieces of practice related feedback
- Five written reflective accounts
- Reflective Discussion and Accounts
- Health and Character Declaration
- Final Declaration
Full details of the whole revalidation process can be found using this link to the NMC Website.
Pertemps Medical Professionals can help to add to your Continual Professional Development (CPD) Points. By completing your annual Skills for Health, Basic Life Support and Mandatory Training with us, we are able to provide you with the certificates. We can also confirm and demonstrate the ‘Hours’ that you need to show for your file.
Our unique timesheets enable you to get a daily/weekly assessment on your performance and we encourage you to get the ‘tick box’ part of the timesheet signed as you finish each shift.
This will be used to help you ‘revalidate’ as well as contributing towards your yearly Appraisals.
Our advice is simple, start now to ensure you comply and keep your status as a Nurse going forward. Go to the NMC Revalidation website and download all of the guides and templates required to assist you through the process.
If you require any advice then please do not hesitate to contact the team on 0203 2255999